Anders Bergstrom's blog on Words, Films, and Music

Thursday, December 01, 2005


Today the unthinkable happened in Victoria. It snowed! When you think of how beautiful it was on the weekend it's even more strange. Of course, having lived in Saskatchewan for most of my life this didn't seem threatening. It seemed a fitting way to start the first day of December. But people in Victoria cannot drive in winter. It's not because they are somehow ridiculous, but the city lacks infrastructure to clean up snowfall, and people's vehicles aren't accustomed to it. Still it's got me in the Christmas mood, and it's still fairly warm out (zero degrees). I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow morning.

8 comments:

Luke said...

that is how I feel about S'toon. They don't plow and let the little snow they get turn to ice, which makes driving hazardous.

Sean said...

Like in South Carolina, it's not that the vehicles aren't accustomed to it, it's that the people aren't. The vehicles all have lower gears, the people just don't know how to use them.

I think the best is when they put sand on the roads instead of salt. Then the snow melts and it's like a beach.

Luke said...

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo I have been dethroned from the top of the list!!!

Meghann said...

Anders! That's the most juvenile thing I have ever seen! Do you realize you just ranked your friends on your blog list?! I am aghast! That's why God invented the alphabet…

rochelle laura knox said...

lol. i blame luke!

Meghann said...

*L* Boys. Rochelle I feel for you! I only have to deal with one of them. I just couldn't imagine having to put up with both (no offense Luke! I'm only joking and it's more a shot at Anders).

Luke said...

Non taken megan. It all came out of a Seinfeld conversation Anders and I had way back when. Yet to stay true to Seinfeld I will have to do battle with Rochelle.

rochelle laura knox said...

i sense a little bitterness danny. truly, i must be mistaken!

meghann: you should be proud. your influence has spanned a country. check my links. (btw, i maintain a list only on my old blog but it is linked through my present blog - i felt a need to be uncluttered, unfettered)

thirdly, anders and luke are no handful. when annoyed with one, simply leave him with the other. it is amazing how many hours they can be contented discussing their comics together. which frees me to pursue my interests: socializing with other people. :D