Anders Bergstrom's blog on Words, Films, and Music

Friday, February 24, 2006

So, Venom it is? I guess the teaser poster for Spider-man 3 just goes to show that Raimi changed his song (he has been quoted in interviews as saying he never liked the character of Venom). Why else have the black suit/symbiotic costume without Venom? This should be interesting. I just hope Raimi doesn't pack the film too much; we have Sandman (Thomas Hayden Church), Venom, the promise of Harry as the new Green Goblin, and the introduction of Gwen Stacey (Bryce Dallas Howard). Let's just hope he can pull it off.

2 comments:

Luke said...

ahhaha i was going to post abot the same thing but you beat me too it! oh well.
Like a lot of people, I expected to see a black suit with a nice big white spider, but it seems we ended up with a monochromatic classic spidey. This is only a teaser poster so I guess it could be alludeing to a venom, giveing us the white spider costume in the end, however that dosen't seem to be the case. However this could work, i mean the logistics of filming a character dressed in black with a pure white spider on the front would blow my mind. Yeah you can do anything digitally, but still it would cause problems. I guess a black classic suit makes sence, I guess we'll know how much sence very soon.

Dean Ziegler said...

I don't know about you guys, but I've never really liked Venom that much. Isn't his whole character built around the concept of being really, really angsty? Seriously, he acts like he's 13. I don't know, I can't even put my finger on it. Maybe it's also just all that Carnage/Venom 19-series-crossover stuff from the early 90's that turned me off.
Also, it's good to see that the villain in this movie will be portrayed from a fresh new angle. I mean, what are the chances that Venom's suit will to talk to him, like Green Goblin's mask, or Doc Ock's tentacles?
On a side note, Gollum wants his shtick back.
I think they should have Rhino, now that guy kicked some ass. Or the Sinister Six. Especially Vulture, he had the mighty power of cancer.