Anders Bergstrom's blog on Words, Films, and Music

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I should mention that since I am by myself for much of the day (on buses, in hallways, in supermarkets, at home) my iPod has infact become my best friend.

Some things that I'm currently listening to:

"These Words (I Love You, I Love You)" Natasha Bedingfield - a catchy song that I downloaded with my free iTunes card from The Gap. Just a solid pop song that is apparently a big hit in the UK and climbing the charts here. "Read some Byron, Shelley and Keats/Recited it over hip-hop beats."

"Diamonds From Sierra Leone" Kanye West - Anton picked up Kanye's 2004 album The College Dropout and I finally realized what all the hype was about. Last week I picked up Kanye's new album Late Registration and it does it one better. This is a contender right now for my favourite album of the year. "Diamonds" samples the theme from Diamonds Are Forever and just has killer production. On top of that there are so many good tracks on this album including "Gold Digger", "Hey Mama" and "Celebration." The "Louis Vuitton Don" is the real deal.

No comments: