Anders Bergstrom's blog on Words, Films, and Music

Friday, September 16, 2005

Today I didn't have class in the morning (as the English 502 class is bi-weekly). I woke up my normal time (7:30 ugh!) and peeked out my window only to see it was raining pretty heavy. I suppose I'll have to get used to the rain (I actually do like it), but instead of get up and brave it, I decided to roll over and go back to sleep. The day didn't really get much better in the afternoon. I went to the bank to pay a credit card bill, and they gave me this run around about it not being with their company (MC v. VISA) and that I could only pay it at my home branch without the statement itself (sitting safely on the counter back home in Saskatoon). What a run around. And it started to rain again as I was carrying some papers for my Renaissance London class across the street to the copiers. Let's just say I was getting frusterated at that point.

Fortunately I made up for the bad day by going for an early supper of fish and chips at Haultain Fish & Chips, which is only five blocks away. I went in and was treated to fluffy, melt in your mouth batter over fresh halibut and wonderfully fresh chips. And when I came back outside the sun had come out. I walked home in fresh post-rain air and sun in my face. Let me say that I feel much better.

I'm now feeling in an Oasis mood. So I'm listening to Be Here Now. I know a lot of people talk about how they find it to be a weak album. Sure it's not as good as Definitely Maybe or (What's the Story) Morning Glory, but few albums are. It's still good. And there are few bands in the world that I like more than Oasis.

No comments: